Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Is it June Yet?

Since last September, I have yearned for it to be June. The summer of 2010 was, while a very special one, quite a "wash". I spent the first part of it enormous and pregnant, and the second part of it cooped up with a sweet little newborn. To say that I didn't experience much summer fun would be an understatement. For me, being cooped inside during the summer is pure torture. My summer's are always spent out in the sun, riding on a boat, camping in the fifth wheel, bbq'ing and enjoying a frozen drink that starts with an "M" and ends with "argaritas". *laughing* None of this occurred last summer. Ok, well, that's not entirely true...I did enjoy getting on my bikini and sitting in the older girls' wading pool in the front yard. Oh yeah, I was hot. Literally. It was hot folks! Think what you want...the neighbors didn't seem bothered by the sight...they would come out to their backyard and sit in their lawn chairs, acting as though they were enjoying the weather. I know...what they were really doing was taking in the free freak show. No need for tickets here. Thinking back on it now I probably wouldn't...oh, yes I would...I'd still do what I did. It was hot. Psh.

When I returned to work in September, the "washed" summer weighed heavy on my mind. I felt like I had been cheated of all the things a true summer break entails. My girls missed out. My hubby missed out. I had to make it up to them (and myself). That's when the greatest idea came to me! We should travel half way across the country with other family friends of ours and stay in a great beach house! No, I'm not crazy...I've just been in a very bad mood for forty years! Ha ha...love "Steel Magnolias". Really though, I didn't think the idea was manic. It was perfect.


Obviously others agreed, because in less than 90 days, our family will travel with three other families to Panama City for a week long vacation in this beautiful beach home...just steps from the sand. I'm talking, the back yard is the beach! Does it get better than this?!?! Ok, maybe...if it were an adults only vacation. For me, 8 children under 4 is still totally worth the beauty and fun we will all experience during the 15 hour drive there, 7 days in the beach house on the sand, and 15 hour drive back. Bring. It. On.

1 comment: